Pages

March 14, 2008

8 and counting.

during a friends debut

Have you ever encounter the phrase "I'm in-love, I found the perfect person for me". We'll if ever that happened, it ain't true. True Love isn't finding the perfect person or finding your soul mate, True Love only happens when your willing to love a person despite of their imperfections. March is the most celebrated month of my year, because this is the month that a special person became part of my life. It all happened eight years ago.

Jade and I were classmate way back in high school. It was fate that brought the two of us together. I got kicked out of my previous high school because of my delinquencies. I got transferred to her school and spend my Senior year there. My first impression of Jade, she was a snob.. suplada in our term. She only talks to persons she likes to talk to (which later became a good thing for me).

I still remembered the first time she talked to me. One time, while I was letting time pass by doing sketches, someone called my name. I look back and there she was holding a piece of paper and said. "Can you draw me this?", while handing to me a card with Ghost Fighter's (yuyu hakushu) Eugene character (Yusuke) picture on it. How could I refuse a request like that... she was a popular girl at school (back at our time).

me and jade

Confused, I don't know what I feel since then. I started to miss her all the time, I wanted to go to school as early as possible and go home as late as possible. Then it hit me, I fell in love.

"How can I love someone whose popular? How she love me in return when I am just an ordinary guy? How will she notice my feelings? How shall I express it?" such questions bothered me every night. Until one day I planned on giving her the most murdered tactic in high school... A LOVE LETTER.

The thing is, I never wrote my name or my initials to that letter. Instead... I acted as the delivery boy for a certain someone... which in fact was me. That way, I got to approach her more.. talk to her more. A couple of letters later, I finally gained self confidence and decided to expose everything. It was our very first date.

another pic

After that news spread that I am courting her... who new how it got out but I was thankful. Because of that everyone was on my side. I started walking her home, carry her things and spending all my free time to her. Days pass, then weeks, then months but still no answer. I even thought of giving up.

It was the 15th of March, around 5pm. I just smiled to her while she was getting inside the tricycle and then she said to me. "katong imong pangutana ba, akong tubag kay YES". I never forgot that line... I never will forget that day. That day a special person became part of my life... that day Jade became my girlfriend, the 15th of March.

79 Month-saries and 7 Anniversaries passed... we are still going strong. I am proud to say we never had a single cool off or break up during that time. And now we are celebrating our 8th Year anniversary.

Love is like walking in a thick fog, you'll never know what's ahead of you... just continue walking and accept the challenges ahead. It is not the time you spend with someone which is important, but the memories you create.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! May you have many more happy anniversaries.

    Just Say These Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful story. One of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute love story you have :). Wish you more anniversaries to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. sweet.. gud luck.. for both both of you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. dai lami kaayu ang pan. pero mas lame jud inyu story.hehehehe. nice one. one of a kind indeed. hehehe--astrid pitt

    ReplyDelete