Pages

May 6, 2013

Summer kite flying


It’s summer once again when I was a child it’s the month of ultimate freedom. It’s the time were all we worry was how to find and seek playmate’s whole day. During this time kids are also circumcised while others go and visit their home town. Something just reminds me when I was a child during this month and that’s kite flying.

When was the last time I have played and watched my own made kite soar to the sky. After gathering the necessary in order to make the kite the plan will be implemented. And when it’s done the moment of truth will be tested. It all pays off to watch your kite fly as it freely glides in the wind and soaring higher as I release and extend the thread on it. It’s a feeling of contentment and satisfaction seeing your kite flew with ease.  It’s an overwhelming feeling that what you have created fulfilled your expectations.

Either standing or sitting under a small shelter provided by trees while watching and guarding your kite. Watching over it for random instances might occur or happen. If the wind is quite strong the kite would crash or the thread would snap. Or even worse if there are nearby kites and end up entangling with yours.

When will I try this again?
When would I make another homemade kite and start to let it fly?
When would I blow and whistle so that air would come and would help me lift my kite?
 When will I roll those threads again on a tin can when I am done playing?

At the moment only childhood memories linger on my mind as I look back how simple life was way back then.


No comments:

Post a Comment