Pages

April 30, 2008

How small are we?

Have you ever looked up upon the stars and asked yourself, "Are we alone?". I just watched this cool video about comparing the sizes of our planets and I'd like to share it with you.

I was just wondrin, how small are we? And to think that the universe isn't fully ventured, that the fact of bigger stars than W Cephei is still out there. Compared to other stars our sun is just a mere spec of dust the size of an atom.

If this is the case... are there worlds smaller than ours? Are the dust that sometimes gets in our eyes could actually be a small solar system? We'll as you can see the structure of an atom resembles that of a solar system. And also it'd be hard to imagine that our galaxy is also an atom making up something on other worlds which is far greater than ours.

How big is the Universe exactly? I guess no one knows the answer to this question until now? I guess my perspective of the small things just got a little twisted.

1 comment:

  1. i have never heard some of these planets shown in here.....thanks for the information....

    our planet is such a very small one if this is true....

    ReplyDelete